IUEC Local 16
IUEC Local 16 Paycheck Protection
CONTINUE GETTING PAID IF YOU’RE UNABLE TO WORK DUE TO ILLNESS, INJURY, OR DEATH
Illness, Injury, and Death Are The #1 Cause of Bankruptcy & Foreclosure In America. Take Control of Financially Protecting Yourself and Your Loved Ones!
Is What You Currently Have Enough?
IUEC Local 16 Members only receive a $500 per week, Short-Term Disability benefit for 26 weeks through our Health & Welfare Plan. If your weekly paycheck is $1,730.00 and you get sick or injured, you would only receive $500 a week. Your income gap is $1,230.00 a week; 71% of your weekly income is unprotected. If you can’t work for just 6 weeks, you’ve lost $7,380.00 of your income.
The IUEC Local 16 Health and Welfare Plan does not offer Long-Term Disability benefits. 100% of your income is unprotected after 26 weeks, If you are unable to work due to an illness or injury.
Local 16 Members receive some LIFE Insurance benefits through the Union, but in most cases, it’s considered to be a little more than a burial benefit.
These new voluntary Paycheck Protection Benefits are being offered to give you and your loved ones better financial protection from an unexpected injury, illness or death!
Continued Income When Your Paycheck Stops Due To Injury, Illness or Death!
Plan Information Overview
- Short-Term Disability (STD) pays for up to 24 Weeks
- Long-Term Disability (LTD) pays for up to 2 or 5 years
- Life Insurance w/ AD&D for Member, Spouse, and/or Child(ren)
No medical tests, questions, or underwriting to enroll; no active working member of the IUEC Local 16 can be denied coverage!
COVID-19 (Coronavirus) Disability FAQ
It is important to understand that these Life and Disability benefits DO cover COVID-19 (Coronavirus) in the event that you contract the virus and cannot work (to include being quarantined after being diagnosed with COVID-19) or pass away as a result of the virus.
The below list provides the main parameters a member’s claim must meet in order to be eligible to file a claim for the Coronavirus. However, there may be other factors that would impact a Coronavirus claim.
- Only cases of the Coronavirus that are medically diagnosed and documented by a medical professional would constitute as eligible for benefits
- Members who are quarantined due to testing positive for Coronavirus would be eligible for benefits
- Members who are quarantined as a preventative measure and do not have an official Coronavirus diagnosis by a medical professional would not be eligible for benefits, including, but not limited to;
- Jobsite shutdowns for preventative measures
- Furloughs, layoffs, etc.
- Care for a loved one who has been diagnosed or exposed
- The normal waiting period still applies, so the member needs to be held out of work by a medical professional for longer than their waiting period in order to be eligible
Members enrolling for coverage now, but who do not yet have effective coverage, would not have an eligible Coronavirus claim if:
- The member enrolls now for a future coverage effective date and already has a medically diagnosed case of Coronavirus or has seen their doctor for signs/symptoms of the Coronavirus
- The member’s coverage is not effective and in force prior to seeing a medical professional or being diagnosed
Please call us at 224-770-5306 for more information.