IUEC Local 16
IUEC Local 16 Paycheck Protection
Continue getting paid if you’re unable to work due to illness, injury, or death!
PLAN INFORMATION OVERVIEW
– Short-Term Disability (STD) pays for up to 13 weeks
– Life Insurance w/ AD&D for Member, Spouse, and/or Child(ren)
No medical tests, questions, or underwriting to enroll; no active working member of IUEC Local 16 can be denied coverage!
Is What You Currently Have Enough?
Short-Term Disability (STD)
IUEC Local 16 Members receive $500 per week for 26 weeks through our Health & Welfare Plan. If your weekly paycheck is $1,730.00 and you get sick or injured, 71% or more of your weekly income could be lost.
Long-Term Disability (LTD)
There are NO Long-Term Disability benefits through the IUEC Local 16 Health and Welfare Plan. If can’t work due to an illness or injury after 26 weeks, 100% of your income may be lost.
Life Insurance with Accidental Death & Dismemberment (AD&D)
Local 16 Members receive some LIFE Insurance benefits through the Union. In some cases, it’s considered to be a little more than a burial benefit.
COVID-19 (Coronavirus) Disability FAQ
It is important to understand that these Life and Disability benefits DO cover COVID-19 (Coronavirus) in the event that you contract the virus and cannot work (to include being quarantined after being diagnosed with COVID-19) or pass away as a result of the virus.
The below list provides the main parameters a member’s claim must meet in order to be eligible to file a claim for the Coronavirus. However, there may be other factors that would impact a Coronavirus claim.
- Only cases of the Coronavirus that are medically diagnosed and documented by a medical professional would constitute as eligible for benefits
- Members who are quarantined due to testing positive for Coronavirus would be eligible for benefits
- Members who are quarantined as a preventative measure and do not have an official Coronavirus diagnosis by a medical professional would not be eligible for benefits, including, but not limited to;
– Jobsite shutdowns for preventative measures
– Furloughs, layoffs, etc.
– Care for a loved one who has been diagnosed or exposed
- The normal waiting period still applies, so the member needs to be held out of work by a medical professional for longer than their waiting period in order to be eligible
Members enrolling for coverage now, but who do not yet have effective coverage, would not have an eligible Coronavirus claim if:
- The member enrolls now for a future coverage effective date and already has a medically diagnosed case of Coronavirus or has seen their doctor for signs/symptoms of the Coronavirus
- The member’s coverage is not effective and in force prior to seeing a medical professional or being diagnosed
Please call us at (224) 770−5306 for more information.